RE: A question on bypassing a group of links - IE work around

From: Bailey, Bruce <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:04:33 -0400
To: "Jim Thatcher" <jim@jimthatcher.com>
Cc: "Web Content Guidelines" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Jim,
I am delighted that you are documenting this.  I look forward to seeing http://jimthatcher.com/skipnav.htm updated to include the information regarding width attributes.  I feel obligated to point out that this bug is a problem not just for Skip Nav links, but *all* named anchors!  For example, tabbing after selecting the link for "training" on the WAI Resources page http://www.w3.org/WAI/Resources/#tr brings one to the top (or to "evaluation") rather than "Curriculum on Web Content Accessibility Guidelines" (the first link after the "tr" anchor).  IE6 is not the only browser to exhibiting this incorrect behavior, although its exceptions are perhaps the most interesting.
--
Bruce Bailey, RET
ED OCIO Assistive Technology Team