RE: Linear reading order

From: John M Slatin <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 17:08:48 -0500
To: "Joe Clark" <joeclark@joeclark.org>, "WAI-GL" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

I wrote:
... in the default
 presentation-- the source document as it would be rendered by user
 agents that don't support style sheets--

Joe responded:
<q>And why are we supposed to care about those?</q>
tTo which I reply:
We're supposed to care about user agents that don't support style sheets
because there are real user agents, used by real people, that don't
support style sheets.  These include screen readers, text browsers, and
various other devices, including telephones.

John