Suggestion for image of overview of documents

From: Yvette P. Hoitink <y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 22:33:32 +0200
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Hi list,

My suggestion for an image that captures how the various documents relate to
each other:
http://www.heritas.nl/wcag/pyramid.gif

I know the contrast needs work but the program I used didn't allow me to
change the colors of the text and background. I thought I would first get
some reactions before spending much time on making it better.

The image shows a pyramid with two sides visible, one highlighted and one
shadowed. The bottom layer says "Web Content Accessibility Guidelines" on
the highlighted face and "Perceivable Operable Understandable Robust" on the
shadowed face. The second layer says "Core techniques" on the highlighted
face and "General strategies for achieving accessibility" on the shadowed
face. The top layer says "Technology specific checklists" on the highlighted
face and "HTML, CSS, SVG, SMIL, RDF, XML, etc." on the shadowed face. To the
right of the pyramid is a vertical arrow pointing upwards going from
"General" to "Specific". The image is labelled "Accesibility pyramid".

Yvette Hoitink
Heritas, Enschede, the Netherlands
E-mail: y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl
WWW: http://www.heritas.nl