Re: 4.1 proposal for discussion

From: Avi Arditti <aardit@voanews.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:52:56 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Update: I am seeking feedback from a few big guns (non-technical
appelation) in the field of plain language and will report back as soon
as I get answers.

The issue in debate is the wisdom of listing elements that might seem
weighted too heavily toward one language versus listing universal
principles that might seem too weak to enforce across all languages.

Any more thoughts from the list?

Finally, I would appreciate any help from list members in Italy to
translate elements of advice posted at the site for the Italian
government's new plain-language campaign:
http://www.funzionepubblica.it/chiaro/

Avi