Page Size (kb), line speed and accessibility (no checkpoint number)

From: <goliver@accease.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 12:52:10 -0800 (PST)
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Why don't we cover page size (and the related issue of
page design and its impact on page download time) in
the guidelines and the resultant impact on
accessibility?
For example, I was recently faced with a site with
several 1mb pages (only 5% of which was images!).
The page was virtually impossible to use on my 56.6k
modem, never mind anyone who accesses using 9.6, 14.4
or 28.8 (all of which are common in NZ).

TIA
Graham

AccEase Ltd : Making on-line information accessible
Phone : +64 9 846 6995
Email : goliver@accease.com