suggestion for WCAG checklist

From: Marja-Riitta Koivunen <marja@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 11:11:33 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
I was trying to look the WCAG checklist
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/full-checklist.html from a new user's point of
view to whom this is one of the beginning points of getting started in
making his or her Web page accessible. This user is very much in need of
concrete examples.

I suggest that if still possible we add a link directly to the techniques
from each checkpoint so that users can more directly get to some examples
e.g. if they are looking at 1.1 they can get to
http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT-TECHS/#tech-text-equivalent. If not
possible to make that change at least we could do that with WCAG 2.

Even better would be if we also could have a link to the curriculum
examples, but that is probably more difficult as it is material outside the
guidelines. Unless annotations are used to create the links.

Marja