Re: sigint-humint was Re: definition of accessible: text is convenient

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 14:24:16 -0700
To: "Jonathan Chetwynd" <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>, <wai-tech-comments@w3.org>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>, "Al Gilman" <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
At 05:44 PM 9/15/01 +0100, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
>Would you prefer to see the film or read the title?

If those are the only two choices, I would prefer to read the title.

JC:: "Automated artificial voices are not generally preferred by many"

WL: Several (most?) of the blind screen reader users I know much prefer
synthetic voices.

JC:: "repurposing is only one tool in the kit bag."

WL: And that's a straw man because none of us ever suggested otherwise.

--
Love.
EACH UN-INDEXED/ANNOTATED WEB POSTING WE MAKE IS TESTAMENT TO OUR HYPOCRISY