Re: Consensus on Elephants

9. Access for absolutely all?
- If not, how to draw line

At 09:17 AM 9/11/01 -0400, Al Gilman wrote:
>There is a school of policy analysis we might call economic rationalism
>that says one sound rule for stopping adapting the automatic means of
>service delivery at the point where the cost of providing personal
>assistance to deliver service to the remaining underserved is less than
>the cost of upgrading the technologized service to reach this population...

WL: If  it's cheaper to hire a human "screen reader" (assistive techbology
"wife 2.0") than to buy a software one ("JAWS 9.x") then we don't need WCAG?

12. Accessibility vs. usability

WL: The use of "vs." here is weird? these are clearly members of one another.

11. Do we intend guidelines to be used by regulators and
requirements-setters (e.g., in companies)?

WL: Whatever the "intent" might be, this will happen - can't be stopped. We
may not choose to encourage such use but intent probably is of little
import. Awareness of this probability may or may not figure into the
deliberations about the document's language.

--
Love.
EACH UN-INDEXED/ANNOTATED WEB POSTING WE MAKE IS TESTAMENT TO OUR HYPOCRISY