Re: WCAG 2.0 Feedback - General

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 08:54:21 +0100
To: "Graham Oliver" <graham_oliver@yahoo.com>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Graham wrote: Suggest a definition of an accessible web site.
a definition of an accessible web site, that I currently use is:

Our best effort to ensure that everyone can have fun surfing the web, whilst
using any equipment, any browser and any plugins.
http://www.learningdifficulty.org/develop/accessibility.html

I feel the regardless of disability is superfluous, perhaps it's not. It is
important to recognise that it is not just the website that needs to be
accessible, but the whole surfing experience.

jonathan chetwynd
IT teacher (LDD)
j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
http://www.peepo.com         "The first and still the best picture directory