RE: Mail order catalogues was Re: Cognition Simulation

From: Charles F. Munat <chas@munat.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 16:16:59 -0700
To: "WAI GL" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
This is a great idea, Jonathan. I think I've been able to come up with a
page that illustrates my point perfectly -- much better than I ever could in
words alone. You can find my page here:

http://munat.com/wcag/illustrated.html

I found some great images on-line free of charge (Anne was right!). Of
course, I wanted it to look professional, so I added a few advertisements. I
hope the companies don't mind. Hey, don't forget to click on the link for
the music -- it adds a lot to the overall experience!

Unfortunately, try as I might, I can't think of a way to convey the beauty
and excitement of this page to users who can't actually *see* it. I've used
the alt attribute, but I need something more... more music, maybe.

Anyway, as I discovered, following Checkpoint 3.4 really helped to make my
ideas comprehensible. Later, if I get a chance, I'm going to add even more
non-text content to *really* spiff it up!

Thanks again.

Chas. Munat