RE: Are the guidelines upside down?

From: Charles F. Munat <chas@munat.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 14:59:13 -0700
To: "WAI Guidelines WG" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Anne:

> You are discussing the presentation of the guidelines, not their content.

> Any linear presentation of the guidelines is faulty because we are using
the web.

My goodness, Anne, you've been reading my posts. I made this same point
several times. But it has been pointed out to me that a normative view is
required, and I believe we were just discussing issues surrounding
checkpoint 1.5 which states as a success criteria:

1. sufficient markup or a sufficient data model is provided to ensure that a
logical, linear reading order can be derived from the content,

Since we need a logical, linear, normative reading order, I think that it's
worthwhile to discuss what that order might be.

Chas. Munat