RE: Multiple guidelines views (views)

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 22:48:41 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
I think having multiple optional views is a great idea.  And I don’t
think there is anything about it that would violate the W3C policy
(though we should check).

As long as the document had a default linear presentation that was
complete and which always appeared when you opened the document (so a
person couldn’t open the doc and only get a partial view by accident),
alternate views should be fine.

Having "buttons" that would cause the complete doc to collapse to more
limited views shouldn’t be a problem that I can see.

I think we can only have one version, one doc on TR though - since it
would be the normative version.  And when each person opens a doc they
should see the same thing, - at least initially.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Human Factors
Dept of Ind. Engr. - U of Wis.