RE: A PROPOSAL TO SPLIT THE WCAG IN THREE.

At 1:19 PM -0700 2001/8/20, Charles F. Munat wrote:
>Compliance.
>There is something about this word that bothers me. It seems painful. Like
>I'm being forced to do something I don't want to.

Oh, I agree.  I think the "compliance" concept is dangerous and if I had
been paying better attention when WCAG 1.0 was drafted -- and a compliance
scheme was snuck in at the end -- I would have raised a big fuss then.

But, it is an issue before this working group as the powers-that-be
(whoever they be, they ain't be me) have decided that compliance schemes
are necessary and helpful in someway.  I think they're a bloody nightmare
but I hold a minority view here and have contented myself with trying
to fight any compliance scheme which forces a de facto implementation
plan upon developers.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>