From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Wendy A Chisholm
Sent: Saturday, 4 August 2001 3:24 AM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: New checkpoint: identifying language

Hello,

We discussed a language checkpoint based on Gregory original proposal
[1].  This checkpoint was added to the 26 July 2001 draft as 1.4 with the
following text:
1.4 Identify the primary natural language of text and text equivalents and
all changes in natural language.

The only issue I have heard in regards to this checkpoint is the use of
"natural language."  Joe Clark suggests we say, "1.4 Identify the primary
human language of text and text equivalents and all changes in human
language. "

Does anyone disagree with Joe's proposal?
Is everyone happy with the premise of this checkpoint?

--wendy

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2001AprJun/0495.html
--
wendy a chisholm