Re: Document structure

From: Paul Bohman <paulb@cpd2.usu.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 09:44:18 -0600
To: "Kynn Bartlett" <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
[Kynn] What would be nice would be to see some 'grouping outlines' around
content to make it easier to associate.  For example, a thin line that
encompasses an entire checkpoint.

[Paul] I agree that the document could use some formatting -- a little
sprucing up and beautification! <smile/>. At the last face to face meeting I
already agreed to give this a try (well, I agreed to come up with some ideas
for document presentation and navigation, to be more specific), but time
constraints have made that difficult. I have just now been able to dive into
the task, and my last email was a step in that direction.

[Kynn, quoting Paul] 6. Conformance. I stuck in the information from WCAG
1.0 about the three priority levels as a placeholder.

[Kynn] A little dangerous.  I personally hate the three priority levels and
would rather just see '@@ figure this out later @@' than the WCAG 1.0
priorities.

[Paul] I understand. For demonstration purposes I just wanted to have
_something_ there other than a list of disclaimers. It was more for the sake
of having the _appearance_ of a finished document than for the sake of
endorsing anything. For our published working draft, I would take it out
too, and replace it with the disclaimers.

Paul Bohman
Technology Coordinator
WebAIM: Web Accessibility in Mind (www.webaim.org)
Center for Persons with Disabilities (www.cpd.usu.edu)