Re: Proposal deriving from checkpoint 2.1

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 08:39:59 -0400
To: jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au, Web Content Guidelines <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 10:13 AM +1000 2001/7/27, Jason White wrote:
>In today's meeting I took an action item to draft a proposal that
>would capture certain aspects of checkpoint 2.1. Here is a first
>attempt:
>Provide a search function or site navigation mechanism.

I like this, but it's a bit confusing in that "a search function"
_is_ a "site navigation mechanism" -- sort of like saying
"provide a bicycle or a method of transportation."

I'm a bit uncomfortable with "be error-tolerant" appearing here
(and here alone) because I think it is important enough to be a
separate checkpoint.

But I think this is a good start and it is clear and straightforward.

What do we do, though, about encouraging people to have more than
one method?  (Yahoo is a good example of the need for this, and
a good example of this principle in action.)

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison