Re: Sounds and checkpoint 11.1

At 11:49 PM -0400 2001/7/28, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>So are W3C base markup languages sufficient or not? Clearly there is no W3C
>work in the area of sound formats themselves, so there is a requirement that
>some other format be used for the encoding of the sound.

No, W3C markup along is not sufficient for handling the variety of things
you'll want to do on the web.  (The conflict between "what you should do"
and "what you really CAN do" is one of the reasons Edapta worked on
developing the ability to send different content to different user
contexts.  We don't assume that we will always be sending content that
corresponds to a W3C specification!)

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>