Re: PDF Techniques and Adobe products

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 21:56:06 -0400 (EDT)
To: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
cc: Loretta Guarino Reid <lguarino@Adobe.com>, WAI GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
The Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines group would welcome participation
by Adobe - many authoring tools are commercial products.

However Authoring Tool techniques describe algorithms for implementation or
evaluation which can be re-used by other tools. Instructions on how to use a
particular tool tend to fall outside of this.

I have an action item to work up a Techniques module on using tools, based on
the work from Emmanuelle Gutierrez on applying the quicktips using tools,
which is currently in spanish, and already includes about 5 tools mostly from
commercial vendors. That would be the appropriate place for more information
on how to use specific PDF tools. That documment in Spanish is available at
http://www.sidar.org/emmy/compren/ and I would appreciate any help that
people can give me, particularly in explaining how to make a techniques
document in HTML if there are any conventions I need to be aware of.

Charles McCN