Re: proposal for wording re: grouping links (WCAG techniques document)

One small sentence structure suggestion:

At 10:40 AM 8/30/99 -0500, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:

> We suggest using the MAP element with the "title" attribute to group and
>label the links. [...]

<suggestion>

I think more people will get the idea on the first pass through the
sentence if you reorder it a little:

We suggest using the MAP element to group the links in text navigation
bars, with the "title" attribute of the MAP used to label the group.

</suggestion>

<explanation>

The "groups of related links" description also matches other groups which
the author has already put in list structures etc. in the main body of the
page.  It is not necessary to force things from OL to MAP, for example.
But to insert the grouping of simple text navbar equivalents, MAP is the
recommended element.

Since the word sequence "with the "title" attribute to group" tripped me up
once, it might also confuse others.

</explanation>

Al