EOWG: WCAG 2.0 Review and Agenda for 19 May 2006 Teleconference

From: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 00:32:09 -0400
To: EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

Dear EOWG Participants:

An agenda and calling logistics for our 19 May 2006 teleconference follow,
as well as links for document sections to review.

Time:     8:30am - 10:30am U.S. Eastern Time. For other time zones see:
Bridge:  +1.617.761.6200, code: EOWG# (3694#)
IRC:     Channel: #eo, server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665

Scribe:  Listed at http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/2003/scribes.html

We're continuing our review of the WCAG 2.0 Last Call Working Draft this
week, and focusing on the remaining sections. Please post comments to the
list in advance if possible -- thanks.

1. Introduction to WCAG 2.0 [very brief check]
* http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/intro.html
Focusing on:
- Does the introduction give a clear picture of what is in WCAG 2.0?
- Are there any parts that might be confusing for readers?

2. Comparison between WCAG 1.0 and 2.0 [very brief check]
* http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/appendixD.html
Focusing on:
- Helpful? Clear?
- Does it need any more context up front?

3. Glossary [brief check]
* http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/appendixA.html
Focusing on:
- Are the glossary entries clearer now, and helpful for understanding the text?
- Are any of the definitions unclear, or significantly conflicting with
other versions of WAI definitions for those terms?

4. Guidelines [not so brief]
* http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/guidelines.html
Focusing on:
- At the guideline level -- any substantial remaining understandability
- At the success criteria level -- ditto?
- We probably will not have sufficient time to go through all of these,
    but will select a few to highlight & discuss if needed;
    people can follow up w/ posting more individual comments as needed.

5. Comment wrap-up
- reviewing and approving comments drafted to date

~ Judy & Shawn

IRC reminders and tips:
- IRC is supplemental to the call. Some participants do not have IRC. All
substantive comments should be said verbally in the call (not just in IRC).
- to type a side comment that will _not_ get recorded in the minutes, type
/me comment - e.g.:
/me hopes everyone had pleasant holidays
will come out:
*shawn hopes everyone had pleasant holidays

Teleconference information:
- Managing IRC for EOWG meeting minutes:
- W3C Zakim Teleconference Bridge: http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
- Zakim IRC Bot: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot
- A source for help with IRC (Internet Relay Chat): http://www.irchelp.org/

* Upcoming EOWG teleconference schedule: http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/#meetings