Re: Benefits of Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility

From: Sailesh Panchang <sailesh.panchang@deque.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 16:26:08 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
I disagree with this approach. There is a need to state direct benefit of eval process and not attribute benefits of Web accessibility to eval process.
The eval process is a quality assurance process.
The eval process can give greater credibility to conformance claims made by content creators  as it typically involves both eval tools and  human testers. Testing by independent and knowledgeable individuals can also be relied upon by a court.
 Sailesh Panchang
Senior Accessibility Engineer
Deque Systems,11180  Sunrise Valley Drive,
4th Floor, Reston VA 20191
Tel: 703-225-0380 Extension 105
E-mail: sailesh.panchang@deque.com
Fax: 703-225-0387