  From: Chuck Letourneau
  To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
  Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 3:27 PM
  Subject: Benefits of Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility

  For  "[Draft] Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility"
  [http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/eval/]
  I volunteered to draft a short paragraph under the heading:
  2. Benefits of Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility

  Here is my first attempt, for discussion:

  Evaluating a Web site for accessibility gives a practical path to reaping
  all the benefits - technical, legal, social and economic - that are
  described in detail in
  "Developing a Web Accessibility Business Case for Your Organization"
  [http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/bcase/].  An evaluation may highlight
  accessibility problems with a site and learning how and why to fix those
  problems (and then fixing them) will deliver those benefits.

  Regards,
  Chuck Letourneau
  Starling Access Services