Benefits of Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility

From: Chuck Letourneau <cpl@starlingweb.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 15:27:26 -0500
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org

For  "[Draft] Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility"
[http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/eval/]
I volunteered to draft a short paragraph under the heading:
2. Benefits of Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility

Here is my first attempt, for discussion:

Evaluating a Web site for accessibility gives a practical path to reaping
all the benefits – technical, legal, social and economic – that are
described in detail in
“Developing a Web Accessibility Business Case for Your Organization”
[http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/bcase/].  An evaluation may highlight
accessibility problems with a site and learning how and why to fix those
problems (and then fixing them) will deliver those benefits.

Regards,
Chuck Letourneau
Starling Access Services