W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-au@w3.org > April to June 2006

Minutes of AUWG 15 May 2006

From: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 16:38:08 -0400
Message-ID: <4468E6B0.2090508@utoronto.ca>
To: WAI-AUWG List <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>

Minutes AUWG teleconference Monday 15 May 2006

3:00 pm - 5:00 pm ET:

Call: (617) 761-6200 ext. 2894#

Attendees:

Jan Richards - JR, Technical Editor
Barry Feigebaum - IBM, BAF
Greg Pisocky - Adobe Systems, GP

Regrets:
Jutta Treviranus
Tim Boland

Agenda:

1. Comments on WCAG Last Call
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-WCAG20-20060427/
Deadline for last call comments is 31 May, 2006
Checklist:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-WCAG20-20060427/appendixB.html
Remember: ATAG points to WCAG repeatedly, so we need to help them get it
right.

BAF: Concerned that people won't share the same evaluation. Will send 
his comments via IBM WCAG rep.


2. Comments on Guidelines draft in-group checkpoint review:
(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2006AprJun/0049.html )
(a) A.4.1 - BAF - IN DISCUSSION:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2006AprJun/0008.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2006AprJun/0012.html

Barry suggested dividing in two parts. A.4.1 and A.4.2 Nothing to add
that is not already in the proposal. Waiting until TB is present.


(b) A.1.1 - JR - IN DISCUSSION:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2006AprJun/0022.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2006AprJun/0024.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2006AprJun/0032.html

Providing text alternatives for all non-text content. Note by Roberto
with concerns regarding fidelity to WCAG.

One of the notes had a reference to how

From:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2006AprJun/0045.html

1) Agreed to label all with "FOR THE AUTHORING TOOL UI"

2) JR to work on a new defn of object - be more clear- includes UI 
components, not element specific

3) New wording agreed.


(c) A.3.1 - BAF?


(d) B.1.2 - JR - IN DISCUSSION:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2006AprJun/0025.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2006AprJun/0032.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2006AprJun/0034.html

GP: Use content instead - agreed on B.1.2 split. B.1.3: "SC1: The 
authoring tool must provide an option to notify the author before 
permanently removing content using an automatic process."

(e) A.0.1 - JR - IN DISCUSSION

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2006AprJun/0026.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2006AprJun/0046.html

Agreed + spell out CMS -> content management systems


(f) A.1.5 - JR - IN DISCUSSION:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2006AprJun/0028.html

AI: JR to look into alternatives to the term "programatically determined"

More discussion to take place at F2F.

(g) A.2.8 - TB - IN DISCUSSION

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2006AprJun/0037.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2006AprJun/0038.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2006AprJun/0042.html

AI: JR Emphasize that these are applicable primarily for systems that 
are designed to be shared. Revisit and craft the language during face to
face meeting.

Call concluded at this point, remaining agenda items deferred until next
call and work will resume then.




Cheers,
Jan
Received on Monday, 15 May 2006 20:39:20 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 22 September 2008 15:53:06 GMT