Re: Updated URL's on Jan's Test Site

Tim Boland wrote:

> Good job overall!  I have a few questions on Guidelines link following:
>
> (1) in section 3.2 guidelines "relative priority checkpoints" part, the
> text for
> "web content checkpoints" and "authoring interface checkpoints" seems
> almost identical.
> Can we simplify by combining these clauses, or do we anticipate that
> there will be significant
> differences between them in the future?

I can possibly see combining the two categories of WCAG relative
checkpoints (Web content and Web content-based authoring interfaces),
but I'd like to see the ISO16071 relative category alone.

> (2) Under section 3.3.1 Claimants, point 3 seems to be covered under
> point 2 (if claimants are responsible for..,
> then they are expected to retract..etc.).   Furthermore, the last part
> of point 3 ("demonstrated
> that" ..--by others?--), seems to contradict in a sense point 2
> ("claimants are responsible for").   Should we drop point 3 (not needed)?

I think these are very good points. Perhaps we need to look at the more
precise language used in UAAG 1.0:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/REC-UAAG10-20021217/conformance.html#conformance-claims

Point 3 is quite tricky. I'd like to see something which asks people to
refrain from making false claims. But who will ask them to withdraw a
claim? The AUWG? A third-party reviewer? A competitor?

> (3)  section 3.2 talks about "normative" success criteria.  Are there
> any other kind at this time?    Are there likely
> to be non-normative success criteria in the future?

I think it was just for emphasis.

Cheers,
Jan