Re: Updated URL's on Jan's Test Site

Jan Richards wrote:
> Point 3 is quite tricky. I'd like to see something which asks people to
> refrain from making false claims. But who will ask them to withdraw a
> claim? The AUWG? A third-party reviewer? A competitor?

Since we have to create conformance reports in our Candidate Rec period,
I think it would make sense to require a conformance report that meets
our specs from any tool vendor that wants to use the logo. Perhaps we
can peer-review the evaluations that are submitted.

Over and above that, I don't think there's much we can or should do.
There's a reason we talk about "conformance" and not "compliance": we
don't have any legal standing of our own. If ATAG 2 is adopted as
policy, we will have to leave it to those authorities to determine which
tools meet the requirements. They're not apt to delegate that
responsibility to us, I don't believe, even if we were to assert our own
authority.

-