Re: null alt revisited

Oh, maybe so. seems these days I get lots of [something_unhelpful.gif] but
not much [IMAGE]

Maybe some of the message is getting through. Or maybe I did figure out
how to tell it not to show [IMAGE]

Charles

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

  At 01:23 p.m. 04/08/99 -0400, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
  >I'm with Jim on this. It is also possible in most browsers to find out
  >whether there are images there (in lynx press * or there is a stratup
  >option) - if I want to know whether there are images I check explicitly.

  Then this is a browser issue -- you should be using a browser that
  allows you to specify "don't display images" instead of generating
  its own text that reads [IMAGE].  Remember, Lynx creates [IMAGE],
  it's not anything defined in the HTML standard or on the HTML page
  itself!

  --
  Kynn Bartlett <kynn@hwg.org>
  President, Governing Board Member