Re: null alt revisited

From: <thatch@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 12:57:25 -0500
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org

Actually, HPR is adding a switch to speak image if the user wants when
there is no alt=text or title. That is the right way. But a default alt=" "
would be a terrible mistake. That, or alt="" should only be used when the
author clearly understands why it should be used!!

Jim Thatcher
IBM Special Needs Systems
www.ibm.com/sns
thatch@us.ibm.com