Re: null alt revisited

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 10:36:55 -0700
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Cc: thatch@us.ibm.com, love26@gorge.net, "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
At 01:23 p.m. 04/08/99 -0400, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>I'm with Jim on this. It is also possible in most browsers to find out
>whether there are images there (in lynx press * or there is a stratup
>option) - if I want to know whether there are images I check explicitly.

Then this is a browser issue -- you should be using a browser that
allows you to specify "don't display images" instead of generating
its own text that reads [IMAGE].  Remember, Lynx creates [IMAGE],
it's not anything defined in the HTML standard or on the HTML page
itself!

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@hwg.org>
President, Governing Board Member