Re: Updated semantics doc

From: <herman.ter.horst@philips.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:29:09 +0100
To: "Brian McBride" <brian.mcbride@hp.com>, "Pat Hayes" <phayes@ihmc.us>
Cc: "Brian Archive McBride" <bwm@0-imap-1.hpl.hp.com>, "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, "Rdf Core" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

>Herman, Peter,
>
>After the flurry of recent discussion about the semantics doc, there is a
>proposal to RDFCore to consider a minor expositional change to the
document
>along with some fixes to types.
>
>This proposal is made in the agenda for Friday's telecon, agenda item 10
of

>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2004Jan/0053.html
>
>I would be grateful if you would look at these changes and say that they
are
>acceptable to you.
>
>Brian

The changes are acceptable, although the suggestion has not
been adopted not to require all values of a datatype in a
D-interpretation,
to bring the definition of D-interpretation more in line with the rest
of the RDF Semantics document, and to allow a completeness lemma for
D-entailment.

The small error that I noted in the definition of D-interpretation
(in connection with the vocabulary formed by the datatype URIs in D)
has been corrected, in an elegant way.

Herman