Re: call for agenda items for this weeks telecon

From: Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:04:38 +0000
To: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
Cc: rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

At 08:22 15/01/04 -0600, Aaron Swartz wrote:
>>(Aaron:  I understand that the RFC editor accepts XML2RFC source
>>documents.  Could you let us have/point us at a copy of this so we can
>>forward it at the appropriate point.)
>
>This must be a recent innovation. The latest XML draft is at
>http://www.aaronsw.com/2002/draft-swartz-rdfcore-rdfxml-mediatype -02.xml

Aaron, thanks.  Er, I think you mean:

   http://www.aaronsw.com/2002/draft-swartz-rdfcore-rdfxml-mediatype-03.xml

The "recent innovation" is not (as I understand it) an official policy, and
may be relatively recent, but what I take to be a recognition on the RFC
editors' part that XML2RFC saves them work in putting the document into
nroff format (see [1]).  Marshall Rose has put a fair amount of effort into
making the XML2RFC output compliant with their editorial policy.  (Now, if
we had a version that would generate W3C pubrules-compliant HTML ;-)

[1] http://lists.xml.resource.org/pipermail/xml2rfc/2003-November/000957.html

Graham Klyne
For email:
http://www.ninebynine.org/#Contact