W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org > May 2003

Re: Minutes of RDFCore telecon 2003-05-02

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 12:00:12 +0100
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.0.20030506115844.02f326f0@localhost>
To: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

Thanks Dave,

Feeding

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003May/0031.html

into

   http://jena.hpl.hp.com:3040/swebscrape/scrape

Generates the actions in N3.

Thanks.

Brian

At 22:04 05/05/2003 +0100, Dave Beckett wrote:


>Agenda:
>         http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003May/0003.html
>
>Transcript:
>         http://ilrt.org/discovery/chatlogs/rdfcore/2003-05-02
>
>NOTE: Actions have been transcribed according to
>         http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0216.html
>       (hence the rather long action lines)
>
>Roll call:
>   Dave Beckett
>   Dan Brickley
>   Jeremy Carroll
>   Mike Dean
>   Jan Grant
>   Pat Hayes
>   Graham Klyne
>   Brian McBride (chair)
>   Frank Manola
>   Eric Miller
>
>date: 20030502
>
>Regrets: Patrick Stickler, Jos De Roo
>
>
>Item 3: Review agenda.
>   No AOB
>
>
>Item 4: Next telecon 2003-05-09 1000 Boston Time
>   Scribe: Jeremy Carroll
>
>
>Item 5: Minutes of 2003-04-25 with corrections
>
>   See:
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0361.html
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0363.html
>   Approved with correction (xmlsch-12 was postponed).
>
>
>Item 6: Confirm Status of Completed Actions
>   All done.
>
>
>Item 7: RDFCore comments on OWL Reference
>
>   Discussion of Brian's draft comments in
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003May/0002.html
>
>   DaveB, GK, FrankM, JJC read above.  Discussion of use of JosD's
>   comments on bnodes in#owlref-rdfcore-transitive-datatype-properties
>   and after discussion, Brian really wanted that to make the point.
>
>ACTION 20030502#1 bwm send the comments in 
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003May/0002.html as 
>comments from RDFCore on OWL Reference LCWD
>
>
>Item 8: RDFCore comments on OWL AS+S
>
>   Discussion of Jan's comments in
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0291.html
>   Reviewed by JJC, BWM.
>   On 2.1 - Jan proposes to strike this comment, agreed.  Jan
>   agreed to split typos from substantive issues and give the latter
>   issue IDs.  Jan agreed to drop 2.2 comment on NFC.
>
>   Discussion of 2.3.2.1 and was unclear what the intended meaning was
>   here.  After explanation it was note that the meaning was as intended
>   but it wasn't clear, Jan to reword to ask WebOnt to make this "hack"
>   explicit, it was non-obvious.
>
>ACTION 20030502#2 jang send revised OWL S+AS 2.3.2.1 words to the rdfcore list
>
>   Discussion of 4.1 and translation table - much disliked and found
>   difficult to use, highly opaque.
>
>ACTION 20030502#3 gk review 4.1 of AS&S especially the translation to 
>triples table, with an eye on implementation.
>ACTION 20030502#4 jang split s+as comments in 0291 into editorial 
>substantial issues, with issue ids
>ACTION 20030502#5 jjc explain point about use of (restrictions on use of 
>)blank nodes in OWL DL, Lite and propose a comment for OWL
>
>
>Item 9: Status on Incoming Last Call Comments
>
>   Skipped
>
>
>Item 10: Issue timbl-03
>
>ACTION 20030502#6 jjc Tell webont co-chairs that jjc will be dropping his 
>objection to removing this on friday due to lack of webont response.
>ACTION 20030502#7 bwm Remind webont co-chairs about timbl-03 issue
>ACTION 20030502#8 eric put timbl-03 issue on the agenda for next SWCG
>
>item 11: danc-04 add a trivially true predicate
>
>   Discussion of background to this issue -- comments, xml comments,
>   xml schema comments and rdf comments
>
>   PROPOSED to postpone danc-04 on the grounds that:
>   it's too new, too late and not sufficiently motivated, well
>   understood or discussed, and could be explored in later specs.
>   Give encouragement to try implementing this.
>
>   prop danbri; seconded jjc; against 0; abstain: 0
>
>   APPROVED danc-04 postponement
>
>ACTION 20030502#9 bwm add danc-04 to postponed issues list
>ACTION 20030502#10 danbri send the formal response on postponing danc-04 
>to the comments list and submitter along with grounds for postponal.
>
>
>Item 12: Issues vass-02 property instances
>
>   Discussion of this comment and the general approach of the FORTH
>   group - a different interpretation of RDF M&S and it's open world
>   design principles.
>
>   PROPOSAL in 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0305.html
>   proposed: danbri; seconded jjc; against: 0; abstain: 0
>
>   APPROVED vass-02 not accepted
>
>ACTION 20030502#11 danbri send the formal response on non-accepting 
>vass-02 to the comments list and submitter using message 2003Apr/0305 with 
>a new example.
>
>
>Item 13: Issues xmlsch-03 xmlsch-04 pfps-13
>
>   PROPOSED to clarify xmlsch-03 xmlsch-04 pfps-13
>   based on the proposal to close in
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0368.html
>
>   proposed: jjc, seconded gk; against: 0; abstain: 0
>
>ACTION 20030502#12 jjc update the Concepts WD with words after discussion 
>with PatH and GK based on 2003Apr/0368.html text
>
>ACTION 20030502#13 jjc send formal responses to submitters after issues 
>dealt with in 2003Apr/0368.html
>
>
>Item 14: Proposed XML schema class
>
>   Discussion of adding an rdfs:Schema to enable discover,
>   identification and organisation of vocabularies.  Comparing this to
>   owl:Ontology as a solution, which has no formal semantics.
>
>ACTION 20030502#14 bwm allocate a formal comment ID for the rdfs:Schema issue
>
>   PROPOSED: to accept this comment and will use owl:Ontology and will
>     include in the schema for RDF Schema
>
>   proposed: bwm, seconded [missed], against: 0; abstain: ILRT (DaveB), PatH
>
>ACTION 20030502#15 danbri send formal responses to submitter on this issue 
>(after a new LC Issue ID is allocated)
>ACTION 20030502#16 danbri add owl:Ontology to the RDF schema for rdfs
>
>
>Item 15: Language tags in typed literals.
>
>   Discussion, no consensus yet.
>
>ACTION 20030502#17 jjc make a proposal to the list to treat XMLLiteral 
>like any other datatype
>
>
>Item 16: Issue xmlsch-01 Typed Literal Structure
>
>   Discussed with item 15.
>
>
>Item 17: Issue xmlsch-02 Whitespace facets
>
>   Not reached
>
>
>
>Meeting closed.
>
>----------------------------------------------------------------------
>This last line is explained by
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0216.html
>
>swebscrape:N3:python: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/scripts/minutes2n3.py
>Dave
Received on Tuesday, 6 May 2003 06:59:47 EDT

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Wednesday, 3 September 2003 09:57:27 EDT