Re: call for agenda items

Hi Patrick,

First of all, I'd like to thank for raising and exploring options that
might better meet I18N's needs.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure these have
worked out as well as we hoped.

As I understand the essence of the revised proposal, which you refer to
in your post, is to draw a clear distinction between contextual and
non-contextual literals - i.e. those that inherit XML characteristics
such lang, base etc from their environment and those which do not.

In that proposal:

 - contextual literals in RDF/XML inherit their context, including not
just xml:lang but also xml:base and "etc".

 - non contextual literals inherit none of their context, including
namespaces

Do we fully understand the consequences of this and how to do it?  I'm
concerned that this might not be as minor a change as you suggest.  For
example, what canonicalization spec do we refer to for canonicalization
that does not include namespaces?

Brian