xmlsch-02

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 19:00:59 +0100
To: rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Peter has sent email concerning our decision to fudge the whitespace
processing of xml schema datatypes:

   hmmm, can't get at the archive again

Look in comments for messages about incomplete specification of the MT.

I suggest we should consider whether he has a point.  Would it be
possible to state that (or something like):

   - the string part of a typed literal is not necessarily in the
lexical  space of the datatype, but that the denotation of typed literal
is determined by first applying the whitespace process designated for
the datatype to get the lexical form and then applying the lex to value
mapping.