Datatyping literals: question and test cases

From: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:46:49 +0000
To: RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

This arose when trying to adjust CC/PP to take account of the datatyping

For starters, under the current datatyping decisions, I understand that:

   _:x ex:prop "10" .
   ex:prop rdfs:range xsd:integer .

is not satisfiable under under any interpretation that conforms to the
xsd:integer datatype constraints.

I also understand that, following DanC's requests,

   _:x ex:prop "foo" .
   ex:prop rdfs:range xsd:string .

will be satisfiable in conformance with xsd:string datatypeconstraints.

But, what about this:

   _:x ex:prop "http://example.org/" .
   ex:prop rdfs:range xsd:anyURI .

PS:  in my subject line, I say "test cases", which these are strictly
not.  How does one express a satisfiability question as a test case?  I
suppose that is something is not satisfiable then it entails anything you
care to choose:

    ex:a ex:notSatisfiable ex:b .

    ex:anySubjectYouLike ex:anyPropertyYouLike ex:anyObjectYouLike .

Graham Klyne