Re: details of rdf:datatype?

On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 08:33, Patrick Stickler wrote:
> [...]

[...]
> > This (Dan's examples) is what I wanted, and I thought I lost a crucial
> > (straw poll) vote.
> >
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0178.html
> > item 11 -
> > ACTION: 2002-09-13#8 jjc update the abstract data model in concepts doc to
> > reflect the pair denoting a datatype literal
> >
> > We decided that in the abstract syntax the datatyped values would be
> > represented as pairs (uri and lexical value). I am not sure when the
> > lexical=>value mapping takes place (it might be in Pat's court, but I got
> > the impression he had lobbed it out of play).
>
> It takes place at the application layer, which understands the
> particular datatypes in question. It definitely happens outside
> the scope of the RDF MT.

Ah. I see. Well, that's coherent and easy/straightforward to
implement, anyway, if not appealing.

It's not the impression I got from the record of the [6Sep] meeting,
but I see that it was later discussed/clarified 13Sep.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0178.html

Jeremy/Jan, please add the examples I gave to the test case
collection as non-entailments. Do we have non-entailment tests yet?