TEST: C-urrent datatying

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 22:28:56 +0200
To: "w3c-rdfcore-wg" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

I think there is a way to do Mike's long range datatyping
in C-urrent datatyping while using Patrick's _:x"y" nodes

i.e.

_:a foo:bar _:x"10" .
foo:bar rdfs:range xsd:integer .

would entail

_:a foo:bar xsd:integer"10" .

and even

_:a foo:bar _:x"10" .
foo:bar rdfs:range xsd:integer .
xsd:integer rdfs:subClassOf xsd:decimal .

would entail

_:a foo:bar xsd:decimal"10" .

but

_:a foo:bar xsd:string"10" .
foo:bar rdfs:range xsd:integer .

would clash

I've tested those 3 testcases using a closure rule

         | IF                       | THEN
:rule10  | ?p rdfs:range ?A .       |
         | ?y str:pair (?B ?a) .    |
         | ?s ?p ?x .               |
         | ?x str:pair (?A ?a) .    |
         | ?A rdfs:subClassOf ?B .  | ?s ?p ?y .

where str:pair connects a datyped-literal
with its pair datatype-uri + lexical-form
(and it does appropriate promotion of an
existential type _:d to a universal type ?d
when it occurs in a rule premise or query)

and it works
(it's hard to kick-off from datatyping...)

-- ,