Re: email straw poll: literal semantics proposals

After discussions with my collegues, we would like to
change Nokia's votes for the straw poll to the following

B: 0

It does not provide for datatyping, only for a weak form
of lexical constraint that has nothing to do with the
expression of datatype values. Thus, it does not meet our
charter to provide a solution for datatyping that is compatible
with XML Schema datatypes.

C: 0
D: 0

Existing UAProf (CC/PP) profiles should not have to change in
order to accurately reflect the value-based semantics presently
asserted by UAProf for inlined literals. It is felt that any
requirement for such a change will substantially impact the
further adoption of UAProf. It is, however, fully acceptable
and even expected that the UAProf RDF Schema(s) will change and if
the property-based datatyping now implicit in those schemas
can be made explicit, all the better.

F: 5

[Patrick Stickler, Nokia/Finland, (+358 40) 801 9690, patrick.stickler@nokia.com]