Re: RDFS todo: is rdfs:member a rdfs:ContainerMembershipProperty?

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 19:49:08 +0000
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>, pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Cc: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

At 13:43 08/11/2002 -0500, Dan Brickley wrote:

>As discussed on the telecon, RDFS editors draft currently has an "@@ find
>out what the MT says" TODO regarding this question. Can you let me know
>what the current situation is, so RDFS can reflect that?
>rdfs:member is a super-property of each of rdf:_1, rdf:_2, etc. We call
>these the container member properties, and have them as members of
>rdfs:ContainerMembershipProperty. Do we have rdfs:member in that class as

I'd be surprised if we did.  We would have to check the text over carefully
for phrases like "membership of a container is indicated by a container
membership property ..."

As I recall, we made a decision to have a superproperty, but not that the
superproperty was a container membership property.

But Pat seemed to indicate at the telecon there were reasons why it had to be.