Re: RDFS todo: is rdfs:member a rdfs:ContainerMembershipProperty?

>At 13:43 08/11/2002 -0500, Dan Brickley wrote:
>
>>As discussed on the telecon, RDFS editors draft currently has an "@@ find
>>out what the MT says" TODO regarding this question. Can you let me know
>>what the current situation is, so RDFS can reflect that?
>>
>>rdfs:member is a super-property of each of rdf:_1, rdf:_2, etc. We call
>>these the container member properties, and have them as members of
>>rdfs:ContainerMembershipProperty. Do we have rdfs:member in that class as
>>well?
>
>I'd be surprised if we did.  We would have to check the text over
>carefully for phrases like "membership of a container is indicated
>by a container membership property ..."
>
>As I recall, we made a decision to have a superproperty, but not
>that the superproperty was a container membership property.
>
>But Pat seemed to indicate at the telecon there were reasons why it had to be.

No no. I thought that not having it be one would require rewriting a
rule, but even that isnt true. The MT can go either way. My own
intuition, like yours, was that the superproperty wasn't a CMP.

I need to make a decision, I guess. OK, here goes:

Unless I hear a clear majority of views to the contrary, as of next Monday COB,

rdfs:member is NOT required to be in the class
rdfs:ContainerMembershipProperty.

Pat
IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola              			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501           				(850)291 0667    cell
s.pam@ai.uwf.edu   for spam