Re: XML Base

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:45:21 +0000
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
>>>Jeremy Carroll said:

<snip/>
> I am arguing a catch 22, if you want to delete these, it is because some
> people disagree with them, which is why we need them. I am happy with
> deleting the ones that nobody disagrees with.
<snip/>

The only one that wasn't approved was test017/error001 and that is
because I think the algorithm for resolving the URI was wrong in the
proposed test017.nt

I think resolving
  base URI "mailto:Jeremy_Carroll@hp.com"
  with URI "relfile"
will give
  URI "mailto:relfile"
not
  URI "mailto:/refile"

because mailto is a non-hierachical URI scheme (does not start
mailto:/ so can be detected by apps).

Dave