Re: Entailment and bags (was:Re: Agenda items for the f2f)

>At 09:38 11/02/2002 -0600, Pat Hayes wrote:
>[...]
>>Oh well, sure, if we ignore the semantics then we can do anything.
>>The problem with Alt is that if you follow the, er, hint, then your
>>conclusions actually *contradict* valid RDF conclusions, ie in this
>>sense Alt is nonmonotonic.
>
>Are you suggesting that we pull it entirely?

Yes.

>That will break anything that's used it.

Right. Well, it will make it nonconformant, at any rate.

>Saying its meaningless, is wimpier, but safer.

Well, its not clear that it is safer in the long run. After all, the
actual CODE will still work, right? But we will be clear that it
isn't conformant. Lack of that clarity is itself dangerous, I would
suggest.
IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes