Re: reification test case

At 16:24 04/02/2002 +0100, Jos De_Roo wrote:

[...]

>it of course all depends on the theory of RDF reification
>if we want to go the way that a statement is a functional
>property of a triple, then the answer to your question is YES

Spot on Jos.  That is the decision I'm suggesting the WG make.

Early votes were for making this non-functional.  DanC has pointed out that
his interpretation of M&S (which concurs with mine) is that it is functional.

The formal section of M&S defines rdf:Statement to apply to the triple as
Dan pointed out.  However, the examples of reification suggest its use for
provenance, for which stating is more useful.

I suggest that we don't make a big mountain out of this.  There are two
concepts, (subject, predicate, object) and stating.  We have one URI,
rdf:Statement.  We pick one concept for rdf:Statement to apply to, and the
other will be defined in some other vocabulary(s).  Does it really matter a
whole lot which is which?

Take your pick.