Re: handling rdf:value

From: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 17:28:10 +0000
To: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

At 10:36 AM 12/9/02 -0600, pat hayes wrote:
>Well, yes, but rdf:value *is* contextual, but at least this keeps it in
>bounds. I'd prefer to abandon it, but that's apparently not an option.

Er, yes.  In the past few days, I've come across a few instances of its use
in RDF schedule data.  Some of which, I think, doesn't conform with your
proposed "abbreviated form" approach;  e.g.

<!--- snipped -->

<TZID rdf:resource="#US-Eastern"/>

<TZID rdf:resource="#US-Eastern"/>
-- http://www.ilrt.bristol.ac.uk/discovery/2001/06/content/rdf_meeting.rdf

This is just an example picked at random.  I've noticed this pattern a
couple of times in iCalendar/RDF data.

Graham Klyne