Re: pruning the semantics document

From: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 17:41:23 +0000
To: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

At 10:59 AM 12/9/02 -0600, pat hayes wrote:
>>I don't know what's in section 3 of the semantics document.
>Sorry. In any case I mis-cited it, I should have said section 3.2. It
>contains the 'informal' description of the parts that have no formal
>semantics, notably reification, containers and collections:

I think there's some important descriptive material in there that should be
in a normative document.

>(3.2.4 in there is going to get re-written this evening to reflect the
>change suggested in my earlier message.)
>The corresponding parts of Frank's primer are

Er, I'm getting a "404" on that.   I think this is a version of what you

I'm not seeing the degree of overlap you seem to suggest.  Although they
cover similar topics, I think your text focuses on the interactions (or
non-interactions) with formal semantics, while Frank's focuses more on how
to use the vocabularies.

Graham Klyne