Re: Question about rdf:parseType="Collection" syntax

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 17:30:29 +0000
To: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>
cc: RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

>>>Graham Klyne said:
>
> My apologies if this has already been discussed.
>
> Is it intended that the syntax provide a way to describe a list that
> contains literals?

No.

> If so, how does that work?
>
> If not, that seems like a significant omission, that significantly limits
> the utility of the new list construct.  I suppose one can always write out
> the list "longhand" with rdf:List, rdf:first, rdf:rest and rdf:nil.

As you know very well, rdf:parseType="Collection" was asked of RDF
Core, by WebONT to work the same way as daml:Collection.  The latter
always, and only, allowed a collection of nodes to be listed as content.

It is not a significant omission at all since you can always list any
triples you want; it is (yet another) abbreviation for triples.

Dave