Bug in MT?

From: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 13:57:34 +0200
To: "w3c-rdfcore-wg" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

The MT states:

   rdfs:Datatype rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:Literal .

This doesn't seem correct to me.

Is the datatype class xsd:integer an instance of rdfs:Literal?
I don't think so.

Note that xsd:integer is not rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:Datatype, but
is rdf:type rdfs:Datatype, so if the above assertion is intending
to say that "10"^^xsd:integer is rdf:type rdfs:Literal then
that's not right.

Rather, what we need is a closure rule such as:

   ddd rdf:type rdfs:Datatype .
   ddd rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:Literal .

That is of course, if we consider the following to be true
(syntactic invalidity aside):

   "10"^^xsd:integer rdf:type rdfs:Literal .

[Patrick Stickler, Nokia/Finland, (+358 40) 801 9690, patrick.stickler@nokia.com]