Re: Closing rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about (was: RDFCore WG minutes for the telecon 2001-10-12)

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 09:47:42PM -0500, Aaron Swartz wrote:
> Meanwhile, I'd like to request that for the meeting,
> rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about is put on the agenda. I'd
> like the Working Group to agree to the proposed resolution and
> test cases at:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-
> tests/rdfcore/rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about/
>
> The key part of which is:
>
> """
> Usage of an rdf:ID attribute to identify the subject of a
> description, is equivalent to usage of an rdf:about attribute
> with the the '#' character followed by the URI-encoded form of
> the content rdf:ID attribute.
> """
>
> Please try to send me comments on this before the meeting so I
> can make the necessary changes.

My comments for the proposed solution were posted in:

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Oct/0029.html

This of course led to a fairly long discussion about duplicate
triples - a discussion for which I'm not sure we've reached consensus.

Brian/Pat - were does the WG stand on duplicate triples?

Jeremy's comments on these TCs were posted in:

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Oct/0054.html

When I first read test2.rdf:

 http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about/test2.rdf

I came to the same conclusion that Jeremy did (this is not related
to the issue).  However, since this test case doesn't explictly state
what is being testing, perhaps there is something specific to the
issue that is being tested.  Aaron - any comments here?

Anyhow, I have no problem with moving test2 to some kind of i18n TC
bucket.