Re: heading toward datatyping telecon

At 09:31 AM 11/2/01 +0000, Brian McBride wrote:

>>Well, not all RDF graphs can be represented in RDF/XML, so why is that a
>>serious constraint?
>

>Because we are chartered to explain to folks how to use XML datatypes with
>RDF.  I'd rather not say, do it this way, but wait till the next round of
>specs before you do.  I'll repeat however, we will not let the charter get
>in the way of doing the "right thing" on this issue.  I'm just exploring
>whether there is a way we can tripping up over the charter.

I really don't see an issue here.  Allowing literals as subjects in the
abstract graph, and in N-triples, doesn't change the RDF/XML syntax as
defined.  Furthermore, if we use Pat's MT work in conjunction with RDFS
closures, we can explain how to apply XML data types with the existing
RDF/XML syntax (even if we can't express the graphs that result from RDFS
closure in the existing RDF/XML syntax).

<Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>