Re: www-archive for big attachments [was: schema given the (Pnnn) treatment too...]

Dan Connolly wrote:

> I find great big attachments to be something of a burden...
> your mention of "apologies" suggests you do too...
>
> W3C has a mailing list set up *just* so you can mail
> stuff* there to get an archive pointer: www-archive@w3.org
> (archived at http://www.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/ )
> so my preference would be: send big attachments to www-archive
> and then send notice (including a pointer) to w3c-rdfcore-wg.
>
> That's my preference, but I know of some folks that actually
> prefer to receive copies of documents rather than pointers,
> so I leave it to the chairs and/or staff contacts to
> decide which policy, if any, best serves the needs of
> the group.

Second Dan's preference.  I frequently like to acquire local copies of
documents (for when I'm offline), but the nice thing about getting the
pointer in the mail rather than the copy is I get more of a choice about
when/whether I download the copy (like, not today, being on a slow
line).

--Frank