Re: N-Triples Updated 2001-07-08

>>>Dan Connolly said:
> Dave Beckett wrote:
> >
> > I've updated the N-Triples document at:
> >
> >    N-Triples
> >    http://purl.org/net/dajobe/2001/06/ntriples/
> >
> >    (RCS v1.4)
>
> err... I'm surprised to see comments. Oh well... as
> long as it's still line-oriented, that's fine.

+1 for line-oriented

I wondered about comments but they seem useful for CVS/RCS tags,
prose notes for people.  They could be removed I suppose.
The # form is like Python:
  http://www.python.org/doc/current/ref/comments.html

> But... please don't make the BNF informal by
> way of external pointers like...
>
> Nmtoken
>             ::=
>                See NT-Nmtoken in [XML10-2]

> and nmtoken as [a-zA-Z0-9]+. And don't call it nmtoken.

<snip and reorder/>

> Oh... I see this is called out as an issue:
>  |Is Nmtoken an XML one or [A-Za-z0-9]+ as used in
>  |    n-triples2kif.pl code and n3-simple.pl ?
>
> I don't see any reason to use XML's NMTOKEN construct.
> It's unnecessarily hairy.

OK, I'll rename it to something else and change to [A-Za-z0-9]+
unless there are any objections.

>  absoluteURI
>             ::=
>                An absolute URI-reference - see URI-reference in
>                RFC 2396 - Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI):
>                Generic Syntax
>
> just define absoluteURI as [^<> ]+. (hmmm... the carat
> raises the question of what characters are in the compliment...)

yeah but thats fuzzy anyway since I've not addressed character issues
yet - Unicode encoding etc; see
  http://purl.org/net/dajobe/2001/06/ntriples/#sec-issues

Dave